Monday, April 14, 2008

Shell Wildlife Photographs of the Year Exhibit


While I was in London I visited the Natural History Musuem to see the Shell Wildlife Photographs of the Year. The very first photograph in the exhibit really caught my attention and I find that I am repeatedly thinking about the power of that photograph. While the colors (pink sky and blue snow) have the affect of pushing the owl forward it also has the impact of pushing your mental capacities toward the inner sanctum of the natural world. It makes me question what our place is in the universe and how well have we fit into it?

Another favorite photograph of mine, although not at the time but after I had returned home and found that I was thinking about the power that this photographed represented.

Than there was the photograph that literally danced off the wall. A complete joy to behold.




And the one that speaks a thousand words about humans impact on this earth and how vital it is for us all, everyone of us, to change dramatically the way we live on this earth.






Finishing up with the joy of life.
Click here to visit the exhibit
www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/onlineGallery.do

No comments: